Monday, December 5, 2011

Time off for family...

My nephew has been home for the past month, he leaves back to his base tomorrow. We've spent all of our time as a family - aside from the time he's been putting in at the recruiters office. He's not home "on leave" until the Christmas Holidays. Though, it was nice to grab the extra holiday with everyone home for Thanksgiving.
From now until Christmas Eve (seriously though...) I will be sewing and crocheting to my hearts content - and beyond no doubt - trying to get a little something made for everyone.
I have arthritis in my spine, neck, and shoulders - so I've got to get going while the going is good, and it always seems to get me in the end. I'm learning to find a balance between it all. Some days, it's a slower process than I'd care to admit. Still - I am determined.
Today, I am sewing. Hooded robes for all with the Simplicity pattern E2133. I'm working with my new sewing machine that Hubby bought me for our 10 year anniversary - so far, I love it. I won't be posting pictures of all that I make until after the gift giving is done. We share a computer, and it would be too easy for the kids to see who's getting what/which for a gift. Yes, they would really do that...Brats, each and every one. Caution must be practiced when creating for the little monsters we have created ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment