Sunday, May 6, 2012

Simplicity Creative Group - Misses' Tops or Dresses. New Look Studio by SUEDEsays

Simplicity Creative Group - Misses' Tops or Dresses. New Look Studio by SUEDEsays
I am determined expand on my ever so basic sewing skills. I bought this pattern, some fabric and set to work. The fabric I had was light and airy - but it was a blend and not what the pattern called for. Still, as far as getting a feel for the pattern, and sewing again - I figured it would work. It did, sort of. It's not quite right on me, there is no give for me to add the elastic - although I did have a giggle trying to visualize it. I'm not sure what I think of it as I made it (still love the pattern!) But I'll give it a chance. Wear it at least a couple of times around the house/neighborhood and see how I feel in it. I did wear it out tonight when DH and I went for a walk after dinner.  Still, here it is - 

I learned a lot in the construction of this one - granted it was mostly how not to do it - but the next one will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment